As 2015 winds down and we all prepare to begin the next chapter of life, here is my list of writing goals for 2016:
- Keep on blogging.
- Continue to market my book, Time Trip: A Dinosaur Musical.
- Edit and format my next book, Red Flags. I plan to make this book available as both a paperback and an ebook. Since I didn’t publish Time Trip: A Dinosaur Musical as an ebook, I’ll be learning something new here.
- Design a cover for Red Flags. (This isn’t the finished product, obviously. The actual cover will have the US and Soviet flags on it, and hopefully a picture of a skater. But I do like the way this color scheme looks and will probably keep it.)
- Write blurbs for Red Flags. I also need to revise my author bio.
- Publish the actual book!
- Market Red Flags both before and after publication. I feel that I should have done more to promote Time Trip: A Dinosaur Musical before it came out. Back then, I felt silly promoting a book that didn’t yet exist, especially when I had never published a book before. This time around, I have a better sense of what to do and when to do it.
- Work on other projects (short stories, poems, the next novel).
I am not setting a publication date at this time. Initially, I wanted Red Flags to come out before the 2016 World Figure Skating Championships in Boston. But if I want to get everything done right (as opposed to getting everything done fast), an early fall 2016 date is more realistic. I definitely want the book to be available before the 2016-2017 figure skating season starts.
What are your goals for 2016?